Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Day - January 20th, 2011

Here's what I had to go through to get everyone out the door to play in the snow.

Boys (each): jammie pants, jeans, slicks. 3 pairs socks. Long-sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, gloves, hat, scarf, puffy coat and boots.

Sophie: onesie, tights, socks, leggings, velour shirt. Snow pant jumper, coat, gloves, scarf, hat, hood, boots.

Me: 10 articles of clothing, same for Den.

Total time I got to play in the snow with my kids: less than 5 minutes!

Cooper had glove issues early on; he came back in while I was getting dressed to play in the snow so I had to fix him up again.  Sophie got snow down her neck the second she stepped outside, so she started off cold and on the wrong foot, so to speak.  So I get all bundled up myself and head outside to find Sophie's gloves are already off her hands again.  We got her put back together again, then as she was wandering around, she fell and got snow inside her gloves and started crying, so I took her inside. 

I was thinking to just unbundle her and give up on playing in the snow since she clearly wasn't enjoying herself, but she SCREAMED to go back outside.  So I hunted up some of the boys' water-proof mittens with a long wrist covering, got her tucked into those plus a scarf and bundled back outside.  She wanted to play on a scooter, couldn't get it to work of course, it's taller than she is--and had a FIT when I wouldn't take off the new gloves that she had failed to remove herself, despite several valiant attempts.  She was super-crabby and yawning and wiping her eyes through her screams, so I came back in, unbundled her, dressed her in jammies and put her to bed.

Whew!  Oh, well. The boys are outside building snow forts and enjoying themselves!  So in the end it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment