Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Working on God's house

Well,  Den & I went to the church last night @9pm and started spraying walls and peeling/scraping wallpaper off the walls.  I was a LOT of work...then today I went @9:30 and stayed 'till 3:15 when I left to go pick up the boys from school; I took a 30 minute break to run home, grab a couple of ladders and tools and eat a sandwich before racing back over and jumping back in!  My hands are so sore from the strain of picking and scraping all day. My neck and shoulder muscles are screaming in protest from all the water bottle squirting and pushing and pulling required for the job.


But it does bring up a point; the way we are willing to care for God's house does in part show how we care for Him! Just as I want to care for my body, His temple and dwelling place, I also want our church to show our town how much we care for the place that we come to worship our Maker.


And any time you run into a big project, it's hard to carve time out of our busy schedules to do the things that need to be done to finish that project; but who doesn't want to devote just a few short hours to physically caring for God's house?!  David wasn't allowed to build the Temple, but he did his part by laying up stores of treasure so that when Solomon was handed the monumental task of building the first ever permanent House of God that he would have the quality materials that God's house deserved.


I won't have as much time myself to dedicate to this project this week as I would like, but I want to make sure that my thoughts are there somewhat...we want to represent our love for God in caring for His house and showing that we value its upkeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment